For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) Daniel Ashley t/a HiBody.co.uk (“we”, “us” or “HiBody™”) is a data controller. This policy explains how we will use personal data which you provide to us or which we collect from or about you. By using our site you consent to the transfer, usage and processing set out in this policy.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. We would suggest you check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search on our site, make a request on our site and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, personal description and photograph.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); items you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
· Information we receive from other sources. From time to time we may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
How will Hibody™ use your information?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information that you request from us;
· to provide you with information about goods or services which we offer that are similar to those that you have already received or enquired about. In particular, we may contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you or similar to goods or services about which you have previously enquired or if you have consented to us contacting you with such information. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please indicate using the relevant box when we collect your data;
· to notify you about changes to our site or our service; and
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about information, goods or services that may interest you or them.
· Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Will Hibody™ share your information with anyone else?
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
Where will hibody™ store your personal data and how secure is it?
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), for example if we use cloud services to store your data. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your requests and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing.
Do you have any say in how your information is used?
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us at HiBody.co.uk.
The Act also gives you the right to access information held about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.